From Havana to Guantanamo: Choose between a bus tour of the entire island or a flight, combined with a seminar in Guantanamo calling for an end to foreign military bases
Join us on this unique trip to Cuba to coincide with the International Seminar for Peace and the Elimination of Military Bases that will be held in the city of Guantanamo. Participants will have the opportunity to join with people from around the world to call for an end to foreign military bases, especially the US base in Guantanamo that houses the infamous US prison. Participants of the bus trip will also get a tour of the entire island by traveling by bus. Visits include the cities of Villa Clara, Camaguey, Holguin, and Santiago de Cuba on our way to Guantanamo Province and visits to Bayamo, Trinidad, Cienfuegos and Havana after the seminar. There will also be a stop at Biran Farm, the birthplace of Fidel Castro. The trip will allow visitors to get to know Cuba and its culture, including music and art.
The dates are November 20-29, and the cost will be $2000 from Miami for double occupancy; $2150 for single. Please fill out a delegate application and make a non-refundable* deposit by September 15 (full amount due October 15th). We cannot hold a place for you without a deposit. *Please note that if spots fill up or if your application is denied, your deposit will be refunded. **Important** if you pay online, you must pay $520 (an extra $20) because of a 4% online bank fee.
- ****APPLICATION CLOSED*****
- Pay your deposit: online here ($520) or send a check to 1241 Evarts St. NE Washington, DC 20018 ($500 made out to CODEPINK)
- Click here to see the BUS trip itinerary or here for the FLIGHT trip itinerary!
- Check out trip FAQs here for more information about program cost, travel logistics and accommodations!
- For questions not addressed on our FAQ, please email [email protected]!
- Round-trip airfare Miami — Havana
- Cuban Visa
- Airport taxes
- Health Insurance in Cuba
- In/out airport transfers
- Double hotel accommodations in Havana (Additional cost for single room supplement)
- Breakfast everyday at the hotel and at least one other meal a day (either lunch or dinner) as indicated in the program
- Ground transportation for bus trip
- Entrance/Program fee for seminar and other scheduled activities (unless otherwise indicated).
- Guided visits and cultural activities included in the program
- Fees for professors, lecturers, and institutions
- Expenses for Cuban participants (coordinator, guides, drivers and others)
- Administrative overhead fees
Program Cost does not include:
- Expenses in Miami
- Excess baggage
- Meals not included in the program, drinks and tips
- Personal items/expenses
- Optional/evening activities and/or unscheduled activities