Salary: $18 per hour
CODEPINK’s Administrative Assistant will work closely with the CODEPINK Campaign Coordinator to support our campaign.
30% research and news
30% project management
25% web updates
15% writing and editing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives
- Daily social media engagement and tracking of relevant news and legislation
- Consistent communication with CODEPINK team members, volunteers, and coalition partners; establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Identify, solicit and acquire information about U.S. aggression towards China (especially military) and the peace movement’s resistance to the aggression/war
- Work towards peace, global cooperation, and redirecting our military spending towards life-affirming needs
- Archive and organize campaign projects, documents, and sources effectively and consistently
- Support in the development of campaigns, actions, and teaching content for new communities to learn about China/U.S.-China relations and engage
- Track current campaign statistics and social media analytics
- Disrupt imperialist/warmongering media narratives that demonize China and distort U.S.-China relations
- Synthesize/distill information/articles into social media ready content
- Unwavering passion for peace, defunding war, and funding the live-giving needs of our communities
Excellent and comprehensive written and verbal communication skills
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; engaging and respectful with supporters; understands and addresses audience well
Written Communication – Writes clearly and persuasively; varies writing style and tone to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to contextualize history well
Knowledge in and on U.S.-China relations and history, understanding of legislative process and current Congress targets
Experience in organizing on local, national, and international levels
Knowledge of and experience of working with the peace community
Tech-savvy, ideally with experience with Zoom tech, basic blog content editing, social media managing, graphic design, and some video editing
Highly organized, able to create organizational structures and attentive to detail; able to follow deadlines under pressure, manage competing priorities, and fact-check information
- Excellent teamwork, and interpersonal skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse set of people
Ability to integrate feedback quickly and adapt to the campaign’s needs
Position type: Part-time (up to full-time)
To apply: Email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the "China Is Not Our Enemy Campaign Assistant" in the subject line. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Deadline: October 18, 2021
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots organization working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support peace and human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs, and other life-affirming programs.
CODEPINK is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ people, disabled people and other members of underrepresented groups.