CODEPINK Boycott Saudi Arabia Campaign Manager
Together with Saudi allies, CODEPINK has launched a campaign to boycott Saudi Arabia. Similar to the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign to end Israel’s occupation and abuses of Palestinian rights, we are calling on businesses, entertainers, universities, PR firms and entertainers to boycott the kingdom. The reasons include Saudi's devastating war in Yemen, its imprisonment of women's rights activists, its support for extremist groups, and the general repression that exists in one of the world's last absolute monarchies. Here is CODEPINK’s Boycott Saudi Arabia call.
We are looking for someone for around 20 hours per week. Pay is based on skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the CODEPINK team to build and inform the coalition of organizations and well-known individuals who endorse the campaign.
- Help identify appropriate targets, such as entertainers, entertainment firms, PR firms, tourism networks and promoters that can be asked to boycott Saudi.
- Work on agreed upon campaigns, such as Lush Cosmetics (2 stores in Saudi).
Follow and support work already being done to ask universities, PR firms, think tanks, and others to stop taking money from Saudi Arabia.
- For example, there is a campaign at Yale University being led by students calling on the institution to divest from Saudi Arabia.
Expand our outreach and education via
- Social media
- Email alerts
- Basic knowledge about Saudi Arabia
- Excellent communications skills
- Passionate about ending Saudi repression and violence
- Knowledge of Arabic a plus
- Experience in other boycott and divestment campaign (such as BDS for Palestinian rights) a plus.
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "Boycott Saudi Arabia Campaign manager" in the subject line.
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots peace & social justice movement working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs and other life-affirming programs. Visit www.codepink.org