CODEPINK Boycott Saudi Arabia Campaign Manager
CODEPINK is interested in forming a coalition to work on boycott and divestment from Saudi Arabia, similar to the boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign to end Israel’s occupation and abuses of Palestinian rights. Here is CODEPINK’s Boycott Saudi Arabia call.
We are looking for someone for around 20 hours per week. Pay is based on skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the CODEPINK team to identify and and build a coalition of organizations and well-known individuals to endorse and/or work on the campaign.
- Look for appropriate targets, such as entertainers, entertainment firms, PR firms, tourism networks and promoters that can be asked to boycott Saudi.
Work with team to determine best targets and then develop campaigns around those targets.
- For example, Palestinian singer Mohammed Assaf, who is scheduled to perform in July, would give plenty of time to campaign for him to cancel.
Follow and support work already being done to ask universities, PR firms, think tanks, and others to stop taking money from Saudi Arabia.
- For example there is a campaign at Yale University being led by students calling on the institution to divest from Saudi Arabia.
Strategize and run the boycott Saudi campaign.
- Social media
- Email alerts
- Ability to read Arabic
- Basic knowledge about Saudi Arabia
- Excellent communications skills
- Passionate about ending Saudi repression and violence
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to email@example.com mentioning "Boycott Saudi Arabia Campaign manager" in the subject line.
CODEPINK is a women-led grassroots peace & social justice movement working to end U.S. wars and militarism, support human rights initiatives, and redirect our tax dollars into healthcare, education, healthy jobs and other life-affirming programs. Visit www.codepink.org