Pop Ups for Peace- facilitating conversations on peace
- This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein
Check out these events
- Earth Hour (March 19) — An annual event encouraging individuals, communities, households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour.
- Earth Day (April 22) — the day that launched the modern environmental movement and continues to shine a spotlight on ecological sustainability.
- Clean up the World (3rd weekend in September)— a global day of local garbage clean-ups, tree planting and ecological awareness raising.
- Free Money Day (September 15) — a global event where people hand out their own money, two notes or coins at a time, to complete strangers.
- Buy Nothing Day (November 28) — a global day to support anti-consumerism by buying nothing.
- Take Back the Night (throughout the year) — a series of global marches, rallies and vigils intended as a protest and direct action against rape and other forms of sexual violence.
- Critical Mass Bike Rides — directs you to a ride near you.
Connect to these movements
- Transition Towns — a global network of grassroots’ projects seeking to build local resilience in response to peak oil, climate destruction, and economic instability.
- Small House Movement — a return to houses less than 1,000 square feet in active support for downsizing and simple living.
- Mankind Project - a global network of peer-facilitated men's groups.
- Willing Workers on Organic Farms — a global network of organic farms willing to host travellers on a work-trade basis.