CODEPINK is supporting the efforts of Witness Iraq in bringing a lawsuit against key members of the Bush Administration: Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Powell and Rice. Since the lead up to the Iraq war, CODEPINK has been calling for peace, justice and accountability! In this lawsuit, Saleh v. Bush, plaintiff Sundus Shaker Saleh alleges the Iraq War was a premeditated war against the Iraqi people, with the planning beginning in 1998.
UPDATE: On December 19, 2014, the District Court dismissed Ms. Saleh’s lawsuit on the basis that the defendants held a domestic immunity from a civil lawsuit based on the federal Westfall Act. On January 16, 2015, Ms. Saleh filed a notice of appeal with the United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit.
Demand Justice for All! Help support the US and Iraqi lawsuits against George W. Bush and the Bush Administration related to the Iraq War by sharing in the intake process. Your participation will confront the war criminals and bring justice to those who suffered from US-led war and abuses. For further assistance email Nancy.
Download the Intake Questionnaires
- Mother-to-Mother letters, you will find despite the agonizing loss caused by the US invasion, these Iraqi mothers still wish for love and happiness for American mothers. SUBMIT your message, photo or video to Iraqi mothers!
- Watch the interview with Sundus Shaker Saleh on YouTube!
- Sign the petition to support Sundus and other Iraqi mother's reach justice!
- Forward the shareable image on Facebook
- Like the "Justice for Sundus" Facebook Page
- Citizens Reach Out
- Iraq Before The War
- Hope of Healing for Sundus Shaker Saleh, Iraqi Mother with my love, by Alice Walker
- Counting the cost of war: Nearly 500,00 Iraqis have been killed according to new survey, The Independent UK, October 2013
- Why an Iraqi Single Mom Is Suing George W. Bush for War Crimes, Yes! Magazine, August, 2013
- Iraqi Mom Faces Justice Department Pushback In Lawsuit Against Bush, Cheney For War Crimes, Huffington Post, August 2013
Recent Past Actions
Mother's Day 2014: For this Mother's Day, we reached out to Iraqi mothers asking if they have a message to give to American mothers on this day. Some brave Iraqi mothers shared powerful messages, full of love, hope and pain -- a pain that only someone who lost a son or a daughter to war can understand.