The Tribunal is an organizing tool to build your community.
Join CODEPINK, Institute for Policy Studies, World Beyond War, World Tribunal on Iraq, American Friends Services Committee, United for Peace & Justice World Beyond War, Military Families Speak Out, Veterans for Peace, US Labor Against the War, V-Day, International Peace Bureau, Women's International League for Peace & Freedom, UK Stop the War Coalition, Poverty Initiative, Brussels Tribunal, V-DAY, One Billion Rising, Pacebene/ Campaign Nonviolence, Brave New Films, Washington Peace Center, MADRE and many more.
We invite social, environmental, and economic justice movements to unite efforts to heal and revitalize the global Anti-War Movement; a movement needed to set standards for whoever becomes President in January 2017. By naming the intersections and parallels of our justice movements, we show the magnitude of the effects of war, as related to poverty, racism, and the militarization of our cities. It's time for us to be connected as we name the lies and the costs.
Ideas to use the Tribunal...
- Set up your own petition to President Obama to create a Commission on Truth and Accountability (Name the direct impacts to your community)
- Deliver testimony related to the costs to your community (everyone has them)
- Use the media window of November 15 to 30 to talk about your testimony, share on social media, and do interviews. Use the hashtags #IraqTribunal #TheLies #TheCosts
- Calculate how much your community, city, and/or state are paying for war through taxes or hidden costs (homelessness, lack of affordable housing, student debt, extreme police violence, lack of access to health care, etc.) by using our Uncover the Local Costs tool.
- Organize local watch parties for the days of the Tribunal
- Plan for January
- Set up social media campaigns to raise awareness in your networks
- Make a call to artists to submit art that address the lies and costs