FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ariel Gold, CODEPINK Campaign Organizer, email@example.com, 510-599-5330,
Medea Benjamin, CODEPINK Cofounder, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-235-6517
When: Sunday, January 15, 6pm-8pm
Where: Busboys and Poets @ 5th and K (1025 5th Street NW, Washington DC.)
In the lead up to the inauguration, a gathering of “democracy defenders” will discuss how to best resist the negative impact of the Trump agenda on immigration, race, environment, economic policy, Islamophobia and foreign policy.
- Terry O'Neill, president of the National Organization for Women (NOW
- Phyllis Bennis, author/analyst with the Institute for Policy Studies
- Reverend Graylan Hagler,
- Reverend Lennox Yearwood, the HipHop Caucus,
- George Escobar from CASA,
- Zainab Choudry from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Medea Benjamin, CODEPINK cofounder
“With millions of Americans fearful about our future under a Donald Trump presidency, we will provide ideas on how we can come together to stop Trump’s worst policies and promote a progressive agenda,” says CODEPINK cofounder Medea Benjamin.
CODEPINK was active at the confirmation hearings, protesting the nominations of right-wing Senator Jeff Sessions, oil baron Rex Tillerson, and Mad Dog James Mattis.
The event is sponsored by Busboys & Poets, CODEPINK, Institute for Policy Studies, DC Metro Jewish Voice for Peace, American Muslims for Palestine.